In this issue:
- List of Open Parks
- Masks, Masks, Masks
- What do You Need to Know About the
Secret Life of Your Data
RVillage List of Open Parks
RVillage.com has a list of RV Parks accepting new visitors. Take a look during your planning stages before you turn the key. Some states are still locked or partially locked, but Oregon is not one of them. All Oregon state and county parks are open.
Keep in mind that any or all of this information may change the moment the state governor deems the coronavirus infection numbers are on the rise or decline.
Masks, Masks, Masks
For those of you that have questions about wearing a medical mask, and its effectiveness if you do, this article should answer all your questions
States Not Requiring Masks
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
Other States Mask Requirements
- Alaska-Parts of State
- Arizona-Parts of State (Employees Only)
- Florida-Parts of State
- Georgia-Parts of State (Employees Only)
- Iowa-Parts of State (Employees Only)
- Kansas-Parts of State
- Mississippi-Parts of State
- Missouri-Parts of State
- New Hampshire-Parts of State
- North Carolina -Parts of State
- North Dakota-Parts of State
- Ohio-Parts of State
- Oklahoma-Parts of State
- Tennessee-Parts of State
- Texas-Parts of State
- Washington-Parts of State
- West Virginia-Parts of State
- Utah-Parts of State
What You Need to Know
About the Secret Life of Your Data
From the Washington Post comes this great article about what happens to your data from different devices used at home, work, and travel. Geoffrey Fowler calls this “secret data” because none of the documentation that comes with the device alerts the owner to the streaming data’s destination.
iPhones and Android phones: Hidden trackers in apps share personal information — even while you and your phone are asleep.
Alexa: By default, Amazon keeps a copy of everything Echo smart speakers record.
Credit cards: A half-dozen kinds of companies can grab data about purchases, from your bank to the store where you’re shopping.
TVs: Once every few minutes, smart TVs beam out a snapshot of what’s on your screen.
Cars: Automakers use hundreds of sensors and an always-on Internet connection to record where you go and how you drive.
Web browsers: Google’s Chrome loaded more than 11,000 tracker cookies into our browser — in a single week.
Browser extensions: Add-ons and plug-ins can see and share everything you do on the Web.
What you can do: Don’t sell my data: The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) can help even residents of other states see and delete their data — and tell companies to stop selling it.
For more details, click HERE to see my blog post with step-by-step instructions for removing secret data.
If you are looking for more information about the RV lifestyle, visit Amazon.com and take a look at my 3-volume book, For Women Only: RV Lifestyle Collection 1. It includes three of my books in one ebook volume. This makes it easy to find the answers to your lifestyle questions.
The ebook contains full versions of:
- For Women Only: Traveling Solo in Your RV
- For Women Only: Care & Maintenance for your Motorhome
- and How to Save Money While Enjoying the RV Lifestyle
Join the thousands of women traveling alone in their RV and live the adventure of a lifetime. Everything you need to know to get started is included in “For Women Only: RV Lifestyle Collection 1” It is a simple life and all under your control.
Here is a small taste of the information included:
- How to be Safe On the Road
- What are the Basic things to look for when Buying a Motorhome
- Tips to show you how to Buy an RV 100s or thousands of miles away
- What you need to know when Choosing that First RV
- How do you deal with the Repair Shop
- What about Sales Tax and Registration Fees
- How do you Manage Power, AC and DC
- What you need to learn about Towing Your Car
- Where are the Best RV Accommodations
- What is Boondocking and can you do it
- Information about Adding Solar Panels to be off the grid
- Learn how to Maintain a Comfortable Lifestyle on the road
- Plus plenty of tips on how to save money while enjoying the lifestyle